The first batch of class 39-200 “as-new” diesel-electric locomotives has left Pretoria, Eugene Armer reports in the RSSA (Reef branch) newsletter “On Track”. Some have gone to Phalaborwa to work phosphates traffic and six have been sent to Richards Bay. They are going to haul phosphates (mainly) down to Komatipoort and then through Swaziland to Golela in KwaZulu-Natal, en route to the ports. “These look like being straight-through trains without changing traction at Komatipoort, which will free up some 18E power [3kV DC electric units] at Phalaborwa and class 37 diesels at Richards Bay”.
Leave a Reply
- SPECIAL TRAINS TO THE MANDELA MEMORIAL FUNCTION December 10, 2013
- HAPPY CHRISTMAS! December 10, 2013
- TO THE SEA AT CHRISTMAS December 10, 2013
- NEW MANGANESE BRANCH December 10, 2013
- TRAIN HOLIDAY FOR 4X4s December 10, 2013
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- Glen: Well here we go again.......Shosh Mail have just s...
- Lungisile: Would like to apply for customer services jobs in ...
- Richard Clatworthy: All very well, but what about the Congolese sectio...
- Martin Nel: I did have more or less the same experience. We we...
- Randall Nauschutz: I was thinking very strongly of taking my family f...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video