Friends of the Bulawayo Railway Museum (FoBRM) have assisted with preparations for the Globe Steam Tour starting in Zimbabwe on 10 August. To ensure that locomotives draw all available water from the auxiliary tankcar, a petrol-driven pump has been donated by Globe to FoBRM, to obviate problems that have arisen in the past. Funds donated enabled FoBRM to supply materials to the NRZ workshops for overhauling 6 museum-based coaches which will be used on the tour, and offered for hire afterwards. They comprise Dining Car 644, Private Saloon 754, First class Coaches 1045 and 1058, Second Class coach 2024 and Baggage Van 2602. – J Batwell
Leave a Reply
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- RAILWAYS & HARBOURS CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION ATTRACT MAJOR PLAYERS May 16, 2013
- GOOD IMPRESSION FROM NEW PAINT May 15, 2013
- NEW TFR TRAIN CREW UNIFORM May 15, 2013
- ACTOM AND ALSTOM SIGN TECHNOLOGIES AGREEMENT May 15, 2013
- TFR AUCTION 9 MAY 2013 May 15, 2013
- L Penning.: I agree with the unions that the assistants get va...
- Jo: I agree 100% with the Editor\'s remarks. I may als...
- Jo: How can Carlisle decide that a Gautrain service is...
- Richard Clatworthy: Looking up some of the places on Google earth: Isa...
- Richard Clatworthy: Your report on 01/02 on the Tanga-Uganda railway g...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video