Friends of the Bulawayo Railway Museum (FoBRM) have assisted with preparations for the Globe Steam Tour starting in Zimbabwe on 10 August. To ensure that locomotives draw all available water from the auxiliary tankcar, a petrol-driven pump has been donated by Globe to FoBRM, to obviate problems that have arisen in the past. Funds donated enabled FoBRM to supply materials to the NRZ workshops for overhauling 6 museum-based coaches which will be used on the tour, and offered for hire afterwards. They comprise Dining Car 644, Private Saloon 754, First class Coaches 1045 and 1058, Second Class coach 2024 and Baggage Van 2602. – J Batwell
Leave a Reply
- RAILWAY TO AUGMENT THE MOLOTO ROAD December 3, 2013
- GAUTENG TRANSPORT COMMISSION (GTC) December 3, 2013
- PRASA DENIES ITS BUSES ARE “GATHERING DUST” December 3, 2013
- PRASA AREA MANAGER IN COURT December 3, 2013
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL TO PE December 3, 2013
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- Richard Clatworthy: All very well, but what about the Congolese sectio...
- Martin Nel: I did have more or less the same experience. We we...
- Randall Nauschutz: I was thinking very strongly of taking my family f...
- Goodman Pilusa: Tractionel has done major job around South Africa,...
- Malcolm de Beer: The article by Jacques Wepner Old Crocery at Bloem...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video