The Ghanaian government has invested $US39.5 million in rehabilitating the Accra-Tema line. Two eight-coach diesel multiple unit sets (DMU) costing $23m are to be launched. They will be able to carry about 1,200 passengers on each trip. According to an official announcement, the 10km Tema extension from Asoprochona station, which cost $16.5m, will open shortly.
Leave a Reply
- ‘Africa on Track 2014′ September 23, 2014
- TRANSNET BUYS USED QR LOCOS September 23, 2014
- PRASA’S NEW TRAINS September 23, 2014
- BIG TFR AUCTION September 23, 2014
- TRAMS MAY RETURN TO PRETORIA September 23, 2014