The Ghanaian government has invested $US39.5 million in rehabilitating the Accra-Tema line. Two eight-coach diesel multiple unit sets (DMU) costing $23m are to be launched. They will be able to carry about 1,200 passengers on each trip. According to an official announcement, the 10km Tema extension from Asoprochona station, which cost $16.5m, will open shortly.
Leave a Reply
- GALA DAY AT KOEDOESPOORT March 27, 2015
- CLASS 20E LOCOS SHIFT MANGANESE March 27, 2015
- TRANSNET’S “TAKE OR PAY” HITS ESKOM March 27, 2015
- SANDSTONE PREPARATIONS March 27, 2015
- STARS OF SANDSTONE STEAM HERITAGE FESTIVAL March 27, 2015