The Ghanaian government has invested $US39.5 million in rehabilitating the Accra-Tema line. Two eight-coach diesel multiple unit sets (DMU) costing $23m are to be launched. They will be able to carry about 1,200 passengers on each trip. According to an official announcement, the 10km Tema extension from Asoprochona station, which cost $16.5m, will open shortly.
Leave a Reply
- BILLIONS GETTING COMMUTERS ONTO RAIL August 19, 2014
- TRANSNET SECURES US LOAN GUARANTEE August 19, 2014
- GIBELA DETAILS LISTED IN PARLIAMENT August 19, 2014
- NATCOR SHUTDOWN DISMAYS CUSTOMERS August 19, 2014
- MAGALIESBURG EXPRESS August 19, 2014