The Ghanaian government has invested $US39.5 million in rehabilitating the Accra-Tema line. Two eight-coach diesel multiple unit sets (DMU) costing $23m are to be launched. They will be able to carry about 1,200 passengers on each trip. According to an official announcement, the 10km Tema extension from Asoprochona station, which cost $16.5m, will open shortly.
Leave a Reply
- Now that the postal strike is over, we will be mailing magazines to subscribers once again. November 26, 2014
- WOMEN LOCO DRIVERS ON TV November 25, 2014
- TRANSNET RAILS – HOW LONG EXACTLY? November 25, 2014
- PRIVATE SECTOR PARTICIPATION IN RAIL November 25, 2014
- TUG-OF-WAR, CHESS & MORE AT THE SARSCO GAMES November 25, 2014