On 4 January, container transport by rail was launched between the Port of Algiers and the dry port of Rouiba, about 20km east of the capital. Railway lines in the harbour have not been used for many years, and this is the first time that container trains have been operated in the area. Accompanied by executives, transport minister Amar Tou watched the the first loaded departure.
Leave a Reply
- RAILWAY TO AUGMENT THE MOLOTO ROAD December 3, 2013
- GAUTENG TRANSPORT COMMISSION (GTC) December 3, 2013
- PRASA DENIES ITS BUSES ARE “GATHERING DUST” December 3, 2013
- PRASA AREA MANAGER IN COURT December 3, 2013
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL TO PE December 3, 2013
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- Richard Clatworthy: All very well, but what about the Congolese sectio...
- Martin Nel: I did have more or less the same experience. We we...
- Randall Nauschutz: I was thinking very strongly of taking my family f...
- Goodman Pilusa: Tractionel has done major job around South Africa,...
- Malcolm de Beer: The article by Jacques Wepner Old Crocery at Bloem...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video