The government in Laos has discarded plans to extend the State Railway of Thailand’s (SRT) metre-gauge line from Nong Khai to Vientiane. Following the start of construction on a 530km standard-gauge link to Xingshuangbanna in Yunnan at the end of October, the Thai parliament voted to support a draft framework for negotiations with China over the development of a high-speed network in Thailand.
- SADC MINISTERS ON INDUSTRIALISATION April 28, 2015
- TFR’S AIM: FIFTH LARGEST WORLD RAILWAY April 28, 2015
- LOAD-SHEDDING HITS CT TRAINS April 28, 2015
- SEVEN DAYS’ TALLY: 985 CT TRAINS LATE April 28, 2015
- REALITIES OF MAIZE ON RAIL April 28, 2015