The government in Laos has discarded plans to extend the State Railway of Thailand’s (SRT) metre-gauge line from Nong Khai to Vientiane. Following the start of construction on a 530km standard-gauge link to Xingshuangbanna in Yunnan at the end of October, the Thai parliament voted to support a draft framework for negotiations with China over the development of a high-speed network in Thailand.
Leave a Reply
- SEMINAR: WELDING RAIL VEHICLES & COMPONENTS October 21, 2014
- TRANSNET’S BIG LOCO DEAL CHALLENGED October 21, 2014
- TFR’S USED AUSTRALIAN DIESELS October 21, 2014
- DISQUIETING MLPS FIGURES AT PRASA’S AGM October 21, 2014
- METRORAIL PERFORMANCE October 21, 2014