The government in Laos has discarded plans to extend the State Railway of Thailand’s (SRT) metre-gauge line from Nong Khai to Vientiane. Following the start of construction on a 530km standard-gauge link to Xingshuangbanna in Yunnan at the end of October, the Thai parliament voted to support a draft framework for negotiations with China over the development of a high-speed network in Thailand.
Leave a Reply
- SOUTH AFRICA HAS CHEAPEST FARES August 26, 2014
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT STILL THE PRIORITY August 26, 2014
- TRANSNET NEEDS PRIVATE INVESTORS August 26, 2014
- TFR COULD BE WORLD’S NO 5 RAILWAY August 26, 2014
- TFR CONTAINER STATS August 26, 2014