The Egyptian government, keen to encourage investment in the Sinai peninsula and in the cities along the Suez Canal, intends to construct a $US1bn tunnel beneath the canal at Port Said, carrying a rail track and two road traffic lanes. The planned location is 19km south of the canal’s northern entrance. Existing crossing points are restricted to a rail bridge, a road tunnel and a road bridge near Ismailia. According to press reports, the new scheme is not to be funded with state money.
Leave a Reply
- MOLOTO CORRIDOR “RAPID RAIL” July 29, 2014
- APPLE EXPRESS & BAYWEST MALL July 29, 2014
- METRORAIL COACH REFURBISHING July 29, 2014
- PRASA DOUBLES ALSTOM’S ORDER BOOK July 29, 2014
- PRASA’S VISION July 29, 2014