The Egyptian government, keen to encourage investment in the Sinai peninsula and in the cities along the Suez Canal, intends to construct a $US1bn tunnel beneath the canal at Port Said, carrying a rail track and two road traffic lanes. The planned location is 19km south of the canal’s northern entrance. Existing crossing points are restricted to a rail bridge, a road tunnel and a road bridge near Ismailia. According to press reports, the new scheme is not to be funded with state money.
Leave a Reply
- DISASTROUS CROSSING ACCIDENT IN LA March 3, 2015
- CANADIAN LOAN FOR TRANSNET March 3, 2015
- TRANSNET LOCO ACQUISITION March 3, 2015
- FUNDING TRANSNET’S MARKET DEMAND STRATEGY March 3, 2015
- PHELOPHEPA AT PORT SHEPSTONE March 3, 2015