The Egyptian government, keen to encourage investment in the Sinai peninsula and in the cities along the Suez Canal, intends to construct a $US1bn tunnel beneath the canal at Port Said, carrying a rail track and two road traffic lanes. The planned location is 19km south of the canal’s northern entrance. Existing crossing points are restricted to a rail bridge, a road tunnel and a road bridge near Ismailia. According to press reports, the new scheme is not to be funded with state money.
Leave a Reply
- NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD TRAVEL SURVEY July 22, 2014
- TRANSNET PENSIONERS FOR CLASS ACTION July 22, 2014
- NEW LINE ALONG THE MOLOTO ROAD July 22, 2014
- BLACKIE HEADING BACK TO CAPE TOWN July 22, 2014
- TFR AUCTION SALE 105, 17 JULY 2014 July 22, 2014