The rehabilitation of Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) by the Chinese construction company is expected to reach Luau village in Moxico province (on the border with the Democratic of Congo) during 2011, according to company administrative director Carlos Brás. The 380km section from the coast to Santa Ria (Huambo) is complete. Since work commenced three years ago, the reconstruction of 32 bridges took up considerable time and effort. Altogether, some 74 stations of varying size are being rebuilt.
Leave a Reply
- LAND TRANSPORT ADVISORY BOARD (LTAB) FOR CT September 16, 2014
- NATIONAL SHORTFALL IN RAIL FUNDING September 16, 2014
- CT’S LTAB ON RAIL PLANNING September 16, 2014
- METRORAIL COACHES OUT OF SERVICE September 16, 2014
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY September 16, 2014