The rehabilitation of Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) by the Chinese construction company is expected to reach Luau village in Moxico province (on the border with the Democratic of Congo) during 2011, according to company administrative director Carlos Brás. The 380km section from the coast to Santa Ria (Huambo) is complete. Since work commenced three years ago, the reconstruction of 32 bridges took up considerable time and effort. Altogether, some 74 stations of varying size are being rebuilt.
Leave a Reply
- SOUTH AFRICA HAS CHEAPEST FARES August 26, 2014
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT STILL THE PRIORITY August 26, 2014
- TRANSNET NEEDS PRIVATE INVESTORS August 26, 2014
- TFR COULD BE WORLD’S NO 5 RAILWAY August 26, 2014
- TFR CONTAINER STATS August 26, 2014