The rehabilitation of Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) by the Chinese construction company is expected to reach Luau village in Moxico province (on the border with the Democratic of Congo) during 2011, according to company administrative director Carlos Brás. The 380km section from the coast to Santa Ria (Huambo) is complete. Since work commenced three years ago, the reconstruction of 32 bridges took up considerable time and effort. Altogether, some 74 stations of varying size are being rebuilt.
Leave a Reply
- Railways Africa comment November 18, 2014
- S A CREDIT DOWNGRADE AFFECTS CAPITAL COSTS November 18, 2014
- WATERBERG HEAVY-HAUL COAL PLANS November 18, 2014
- TRANSNET & THE RICHARDS BAY TERMINALS November 18, 2014
- TRANSNET LAND NEEDED FOR HOUSING November 18, 2014