The rehabilitation of Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) by the Chinese construction company is expected to reach Luau village in Moxico province (on the border with the Democratic of Congo) during 2011, according to company administrative director Carlos Brás. The 380km section from the coast to Santa Ria (Huambo) is complete. Since work commenced three years ago, the reconstruction of 32 bridges took up considerable time and effort. Altogether, some 74 stations of varying size are being rebuilt.
Leave a Reply
- Accessing Africa’s Mineral Wealth: Mining Transport Infrastructure and Logistics Conference October 29, 2014
- GRINDROD’S NEW COST-EFFECTIVE 800HP SHUNTER October 28, 2014
- GRINDROD SETS IT OUT October 28, 2014
- GIBELA TRAIN MANUFACTURING FACILITY October 28, 2014
- TRANSNET BUILDS MORE CLASS 43 October 28, 2014