The National Railways of Zimbabwe (NRZ) has suspended use of the 15 class EL1 25kV AC electric locomotives because of vandalised infrastructure, the Bulawayo Chronicle reports. General manager air commodore (retd) Mike Karakadzai is quoted saying: “A lot of vandalism has been reported on lines especially along Gweru-Rutenga, Dabuka-Harare and Bulawayo-Victoria Falls.” He added that [...]
on April 9, 2009 in Algeria
Nortel has been selected to supply a GSM-R wireless communications system for Algeria’s new east-west “High Plateaus” railway which links the cities of Ain Toutta and Msilla. This new contract follows the awarding of Algerian GSM-R technology contracts to Nortel in 2008 for two new railway lines connecting Tabia-Mecheria and Bordj Bouarreridj – M’Sila. The [...]
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- RAILWAYS & HARBOURS CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION ATTRACT MAJOR PLAYERS May 16, 2013
- GOOD IMPRESSION FROM NEW PAINT May 15, 2013
- NEW TFR TRAIN CREW UNIFORM May 15, 2013
- ACTOM AND ALSTOM SIGN TECHNOLOGIES AGREEMENT May 15, 2013
- TFR AUCTION 9 MAY 2013 May 15, 2013
- L Penning.: I agree with the unions that the assistants get va...
- Jo: I agree 100% with the Editor\'s remarks. I may als...
- Jo: How can Carlisle decide that a Gautrain service is...
- Richard Clatworthy: Looking up some of the places on Google earth: Isa...
- Richard Clatworthy: Your report on 01/02 on the Tanga-Uganda railway g...