South Africa’s Metrorail, Cosatu and the Rail Commuters Action Group have signed a deal that includes an operational safety plan and provides means for victims of train violence to claim financial compensation. A multimillion-rand settlement has been paid to victims of incidents on trains. The Rail Commuters Action Group was started by Leslie van Minnen [...]
on May 4, 2009 in South Africa
A multi-million-Rand contract awarded by the South African Rail Commuter Corporation (SARCC) for the refurbishment of electrification systems at three sites in the Amanzimtoti and Umlazi areas of KwaZulu-Natal has been completed by black empowered, multi-disciplinary, SSI Engineers and Environmental Consultants. The Umlazi, Winklespruit and Claustal traction substations have been upgraded to increase their capacity [...]
on April 16, 2009 in South Africa
The newly-established Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa, PRASA, merges the operations, personnel and assets of the South African Rail Commuter Corporation, Metrorail, Intersite Property Management Services, Shosholoza Meyl and the long distance bus company, Autopax (Translux and City-to-City). As part of the process of integrating these entities, the role of Intersite is being redefined [...]
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- METRORAIL FARE INCREASE May 21, 2013
- TRANSNET WAGE DEAL May 21, 2013
- SPECIAL 150-YEAR TRAIN TO PAARL & WELLINGTON May 21, 2013
- BLOEMFONTEIN-KIMBERLEY PASSENGER SERVICE May 21, 2013
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY May 21, 2013
- L Penning.: I agree with the unions that the assistants get va...
- Jo: I agree 100% with the Editor\'s remarks. I may als...
- Jo: How can Carlisle decide that a Gautrain service is...
- Richard Clatworthy: Looking up some of the places on Google earth: Isa...
- Richard Clatworthy: Your report on 01/02 on the Tanga-Uganda railway g...