On 22 May, Ethiopian Railways Corporation (CEO) Dr Getachew Betru, Djibouti minister of economy and finance llyas Moussa Dawazeh and EXIM Bank vice-president Zhu Xinqiang signed a loan agreement of nearly $US3 billion towards reconstruction of the Addis Ababa-Djibouti railway. Ethiopian prime minister Hailemariam Desalegn and other senior officials were present at the signing ceremony. […]
on May 29, 2013 in Djibouti
At the inaugural ceremony of the Second Africa-India Forum Summit on 24 May, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India announced his government’s intention to provide $US300 million towards a new Ethio-Djibouti railway. India will also offer $700 million to establish new institutions and training programmes in consultation with the African Union and its institutions. “Africa […]
on September 26, 2008 in Djibouti
Within the next twenty years, Dubai-based Al Noor Holding Investment Company hopes to build a bridge across the Red Sea linking Africa with the Arabian Peninsula. Spanning 29km between Djibouti and Yemen, it would rate as the largest suspension structure in the world, running between two envisaged new cities, both named Al Noor City, or […]
on December 15, 2006 in Djibouti
Speaking at the inauguration of his second term in office, President Ismael Omer Guelle of Djibouti appealed for a 6 000km landbridge rail line linking his country’s Gulf of Tadjourah to Cameroon on the Gulf of Guinea. Estimated to cost $US6 billion, the line would run through the Sudan and the Central Africa Republic. Neighbouring […]
- SPECIAL TRAINS TO THE MANDELA MEMORIAL FUNCTION December 10, 2013
- HAPPY CHRISTMAS! December 10, 2013
- TO THE SEA AT CHRISTMAS December 10, 2013
- NEW MANGANESE BRANCH December 10, 2013
- TRAIN HOLIDAY FOR 4X4s December 10, 2013
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- Lungisile: Would like to apply for customer services jobs in ...
- Richard Clatworthy: All very well, but what about the Congolese sectio...
- Martin Nel: I did have more or less the same experience. We we...
- Randall Nauschutz: I was thinking very strongly of taking my family f...
- Goodman Pilusa: Tractionel has done major job around South Africa,...