Uganda’s 500km Northern Line to Gulu and Pakwach from Tororo Junction on the Kampala-Mombasa main-line has been reopened after lying dormant for many years. Train services ceased following the destroying of track, bridges and culverts. Reportedly Rift Valley Railways (RVR) has spent $2US million on rehabilitating the infrastructure. The Northern Line not only serves outlying areas of Uganda, but facilitates onward transport by road to Juba in South Sudan, as well as the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Leave a Reply
- NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD TRAVEL SURVEY July 22, 2014
- TRANSNET PENSIONERS FOR CLASS ACTION July 22, 2014
- NEW LINE ALONG THE MOLOTO ROAD July 22, 2014
- BLACKIE HEADING BACK TO CAPE TOWN July 22, 2014
- TFR AUCTION SALE 105, 17 JULY 2014 July 22, 2014