Uganda’s 500km Northern Line to Gulu and Pakwach from Tororo Junction on the Kampala-Mombasa main-line has been reopened after lying dormant for many years. Train services ceased following the destroying of track, bridges and culverts. Reportedly Rift Valley Railways (RVR) has spent $2US million on rehabilitating the infrastructure. The Northern Line not only serves outlying areas of Uganda, but facilitates onward transport by road to Juba in South Sudan, as well as the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Leave a Reply
- FATAL WASHINGTON DC METRO FIRE January 21, 2015
- KISS FOR A LADY FROM SPAIN January 21, 2015
- MINISTER EMPHASISES SKILLS SHORTAGE January 21, 2015
- LOCO FROM SPAIN HEADS STELLENBOSCH SPECIAL January 21, 2015
- NO COMPENSATION FOR METRORAIL DELAYS January 21, 2015