Uganda’s 500km Northern Line to Gulu and Pakwach from Tororo Junction on the Kampala-Mombasa main-line has been reopened after lying dormant for many years. Train services ceased following the destroying of track, bridges and culverts. Reportedly Rift Valley Railways (RVR) has spent $2US million on rehabilitating the infrastructure. The Northern Line not only serves outlying areas of Uganda, but facilitates onward transport by road to Juba in South Sudan, as well as the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Leave a Reply
- GALA DAY AT KOEDOESPOORT March 27, 2015
- CLASS 20E LOCOS SHIFT MANGANESE March 27, 2015
- TRANSNET’S “TAKE OR PAY” HITS ESKOM March 27, 2015
- SANDSTONE PREPARATIONS March 27, 2015
- STARS OF SANDSTONE STEAM HERITAGE FESTIVAL March 27, 2015