Uganda’s 500km Northern Line to Gulu and Pakwach from Tororo Junction on the Kampala-Mombasa main-line has been reopened after lying dormant for many years. Train services ceased following the destroying of track, bridges and culverts. Reportedly Rift Valley Railways (RVR) has spent $2US million on rehabilitating the infrastructure. The Northern Line not only serves outlying areas of Uganda, but facilitates onward transport by road to Juba in South Sudan, as well as the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Leave a Reply
- CHRISTMAS COMETH December 17, 2014
- TRANSNET BOARD CHANGES December 17, 2014
- SOUTH AFRICAN TRACK MANAGEMENT December 17, 2014
- RED DEVIL TO SALT RIVER December 17, 2014
- TRANSNET AUCTIONS December 17, 2014