Uganda’s 500km Northern Line to Gulu and Pakwach from Tororo Junction on the Kampala-Mombasa main-line has been reopened after lying dormant for many years. Train services ceased following the destroying of track, bridges and culverts. Reportedly Rift Valley Railways (RVR) has spent $2US million on rehabilitating the infrastructure. The Northern Line not only serves outlying areas of Uganda, but facilitates onward transport by road to Juba in South Sudan, as well as the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Leave a Reply
- RESIGNALLING GAUTENG April 22, 2014
- GREEN TRANSPORT IN GAUTENG April 22, 2014
- GAUTENG TRANSPORT APP April 22, 2014
- SUSTAINED GLOBAL DEMAND FOR S A BRAKE BLOCKS April 22, 2014
- SOUTH AFRICAN BRANCH LINES April 22, 2014