Uganda’s 500km Northern Line to Gulu and Pakwach from Tororo Junction on the Kampala-Mombasa main-line has been reopened after lying dormant for many years. Train services ceased following the destroying of track, bridges and culverts. Reportedly Rift Valley Railways (RVR) has spent $2US million on rehabilitating the infrastructure. The Northern Line not only serves outlying areas of Uganda, but facilitates onward transport by road to Juba in South Sudan, as well as the eastern Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
Leave a Reply
- PRASA’S GAUTENG PLANS April 15, 2014
- RSR’S 15KM/H RESTRICTION AT BELLVILLE April 15, 2014
- UPGRADING FOR NEW TRAINS CAUSES DELAYS April 15, 2014
- ACTION AGAINST OPEN DOOR RIDERS April 15, 2014
- ATLANTIC RAIL TESTS 16DA 879 April 15, 2014