The first train on Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) to reach Luau in nearly 30 years – due to the civil war in Angola – arrived in the rebuilt station on 6 August. Two locomotives headed 25 wagons carrying rails and other material for construction of the remaining 20km of route to the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Leave a Reply
- SOUTH AFRICA HAS CHEAPEST FARES August 26, 2014
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT STILL THE PRIORITY August 26, 2014
- TRANSNET NEEDS PRIVATE INVESTORS August 26, 2014
- TFR COULD BE WORLD’S NO 5 RAILWAY August 26, 2014
- TFR CONTAINER STATS August 26, 2014