The first train on Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) to reach Luau in nearly 30 years – due to the civil war in Angola – arrived in the rebuilt station on 6 August. Two locomotives headed 25 wagons carrying rails and other material for construction of the remaining 20km of route to the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Leave a Reply
- Accessing Africa’s Mineral Wealth: Mining Transport Infrastructure and Logistics Conference October 29, 2014
- GRINDROD’S NEW COST-EFFECTIVE 800HP SHUNTER October 28, 2014
- GRINDROD SETS IT OUT October 28, 2014
- GIBELA TRAIN MANUFACTURING FACILITY October 28, 2014
- TRANSNET BUILDS MORE CLASS 43 October 28, 2014