The first train on Caminhos de ferro de Benguela (CFB) to reach Luau in nearly 30 years – due to the civil war in Angola – arrived in the rebuilt station on 6 August. Two locomotives headed 25 wagons carrying rails and other material for construction of the remaining 20km of route to the border with the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Leave a Reply
- TRANSPORT IS GAUTENG’S TOP PRIORITY January 27, 2015
- ELECTRIC TRAIN RUNNING ON EMPTY January 27, 2015
- EASTERN CAPE COAL ON HOLD January 27, 2015
- EVERY CONCEIVABLE CONDUIT January 27, 2015
- TOURISTS – DO WE WANT THEM? January 27, 2015