To complement the west-to-east London Crossrail project currently under construction, a south-west to north-east cross-city tunnel scheme is planned that would cost an estimated £12 billion. Crossrail 2 would take in areas such as Wimbledon, Kingston, Twickenham, Hackney, Islington, Tottenham, Cheshunt and Hertford East. It would link with major interchanges including Euston, Victoria and Clapham Junction, substantially lessening congestion on existing tube lines. According to planners, some journey times would be more than halved. Mayor Boris Johnson is quoted saying: “The case for the construction of Crossrail 2 is incontestable”.
Leave a Reply
- WATERBERG COAL LINES March 11, 2014
- TRANSNET INVITES TENDERS March 11, 2014
- DROUGHT RELIEF TRAINS March 11, 2014
- RAILWAY MANAGEMENT DECISION-MAKING March 11, 2014
- LOAD SHEDDING HALTS GAUTRAIN March 11, 2014