To complement the west-to-east London Crossrail project currently under construction, a south-west to north-east cross-city tunnel scheme is planned that would cost an estimated £12 billion. Crossrail 2 would take in areas such as Wimbledon, Kingston, Twickenham, Hackney, Islington, Tottenham, Cheshunt and Hertford East. It would link with major interchanges including Euston, Victoria and Clapham Junction, substantially lessening congestion on existing tube lines. According to planners, some journey times would be more than halved. Mayor Boris Johnson is quoted saying: “The case for the construction of Crossrail 2 is incontestable”.
Leave a Reply
- CHRISTMAS COMETH December 17, 2014
- TRANSNET BOARD CHANGES December 17, 2014
- SOUTH AFRICAN TRACK MANAGEMENT December 17, 2014
- RED DEVIL TO SALT RIVER December 17, 2014
- TRANSNET AUCTIONS December 17, 2014