To complement the west-to-east London Crossrail project currently under construction, a south-west to north-east cross-city tunnel scheme is planned that would cost an estimated £12 billion. Crossrail 2 would take in areas such as Wimbledon, Kingston, Twickenham, Hackney, Islington, Tottenham, Cheshunt and Hertford East. It would link with major interchanges including Euston, Victoria and Clapham Junction, substantially lessening congestion on existing tube lines. According to planners, some journey times would be more than halved. Mayor Boris Johnson is quoted saying: “The case for the construction of Crossrail 2 is incontestable”.
Leave a Reply
- PRASA’S GAUTENG PLANS April 15, 2014
- RSR’S 15KM/H RESTRICTION AT BELLVILLE April 15, 2014
- UPGRADING FOR NEW TRAINS CAUSES DELAYS April 15, 2014
- ACTION AGAINST OPEN DOOR RIDERS April 15, 2014
- ATLANTIC RAIL TESTS 16DA 879 April 15, 2014