To complement the west-to-east London Crossrail project currently under construction, a south-west to north-east cross-city tunnel scheme is planned that would cost an estimated £12 billion. Crossrail 2 would take in areas such as Wimbledon, Kingston, Twickenham, Hackney, Islington, Tottenham, Cheshunt and Hertford East. It would link with major interchanges including Euston, Victoria and Clapham Junction, substantially lessening congestion on existing tube lines. According to planners, some journey times would be more than halved. Mayor Boris Johnson is quoted saying: “The case for the construction of Crossrail 2 is incontestable”.
Leave a Reply
- 55 HURT IN N CAROLINA CROSSING DERAILMENT March 24, 2015
- CHINESE LOCOS HEAD BLUE TRAIN March 24, 2015
- POST OFFICE TUNNEL TO PARK STATION March 24, 2015
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL JBG-CT March 24, 2015
- FENCING (AND WALLING) THE MAIN-LINE March 24, 2015