Transnet says it has “re-engineered” its human resources strategy, recognising the need to motivate employees and make them feel – whether office sweepers or senior management – that their contribution to the company makes a difference. “By dividing the business into smaller mini-businesses,” Transnet head of strategy Moshe Motlohi told FTW, “we believe we can make the sweeper realise that he contributes significantly to the bigger picture. Competence is not enough. What you need is committed employees who can co-create the kind of environment in which they would like to work. It’s a new trend worldwide.”
Leave a Reply
- SPECIAL TRAINS TO THE MANDELA MEMORIAL FUNCTION December 10, 2013
- HAPPY CHRISTMAS! December 10, 2013
- TO THE SEA AT CHRISTMAS December 10, 2013
- NEW MANGANESE BRANCH December 10, 2013
- TRAIN HOLIDAY FOR 4X4s December 10, 2013
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- Lungisile: Would like to apply for customer services jobs in ...
- Richard Clatworthy: All very well, but what about the Congolese sectio...
- Martin Nel: I did have more or less the same experience. We we...
- Randall Nauschutz: I was thinking very strongly of taking my family f...
- Goodman Pilusa: Tractionel has done major job around South Africa,...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video