More comment from firstname.lastname@example.org on sar-L : “[The 25 June] announcement that a Barlow/Cat joint venture is to recommence EMD assembly in SA raises some interesting scenarios. Does the RRL-Grindrod loco building venture have sufficient traction to survive in the face of Cat competition? SA is probably too small to support two builders of a similar product. The collapse of the Electro-Motive / Sibanye joint venture will have made US businessmen cautious about selecting SA partners.”
Leave a Reply
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- METRORAIL FARE INCREASE May 21, 2013
- TRANSNET WAGE DEAL May 21, 2013
- SPECIAL 150-YEAR TRAIN TO PAARL & WELLINGTON May 21, 2013
- BLOEMFONTEIN-KIMBERLEY PASSENGER SERVICE May 21, 2013
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY May 21, 2013
- L Penning.: I agree with the unions that the assistants get va...
- Jo: I agree 100% with the Editor\'s remarks. I may als...
- Jo: How can Carlisle decide that a Gautrain service is...
- Richard Clatworthy: Looking up some of the places on Google earth: Isa...
- Richard Clatworthy: Your report on 01/02 on the Tanga-Uganda railway g...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video