Ansaldo STS Australia is to supply equipment enabling the operation of the first fully-automated, heavy-haul rail network in the world. The technology will cost A$481.86 million to implement, and is due to come on line in Western Australia in 2014. Worth A$317.5 million, the contract – for Rio Tinto’s iron ore operation in the Pilbara region – includes developing and delivering a modular signalling system with centralised “Vital Safety Server” for the safe and flexible management of train movements. A special on-board driving module will enable complete automation of train operation.
Leave a Reply
- TRANSPORT IS GAUTENG’S TOP PRIORITY January 27, 2015
- ELECTRIC TRAIN RUNNING ON EMPTY January 27, 2015
- EASTERN CAPE COAL ON HOLD January 27, 2015
- EVERY CONCEIVABLE CONDUIT January 27, 2015
- TOURISTS – DO WE WANT THEM? January 27, 2015