The Saudi government has launched a tender process to build a new metro system in the capital, Riyadh, in an effort to ease congestion on the city’s gridlocked roads, the Saudi Gazette reports. The Arriyadh Development Authority (ADA) invited international consortia to prequalify for the project, which it wants completed in four years. “ADA invites global consortia specialised in the production and supply of rolling stock, control and telecoms systems as well as metro tunnelling, civil, mechanical and electrical works to prequalify for Riyadh metro project,” the authority said. Saudi Arabia has limited public transport facilities and Riyadh experiences severe congestion for much of the day and evening.
Leave a Reply
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- RAILWAYS & HARBOURS CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION ATTRACT MAJOR PLAYERS May 16, 2013
- GOOD IMPRESSION FROM NEW PAINT May 15, 2013
- NEW TFR TRAIN CREW UNIFORM May 15, 2013
- ACTOM AND ALSTOM SIGN TECHNOLOGIES AGREEMENT May 15, 2013
- TFR AUCTION 9 MAY 2013 May 15, 2013
- L Penning.: I agree with the unions that the assistants get va...
- Jo: I agree 100% with the Editor\'s remarks. I may als...
- Jo: How can Carlisle decide that a Gautrain service is...
- Richard Clatworthy: Looking up some of the places on Google earth: Isa...
- Richard Clatworthy: Your report on 01/02 on the Tanga-Uganda railway g...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video