On 21 February, KwaZulu-Natal premier Zweli Mkhize talked at the opening of the provincial legislature in Pietermaritzburg of plans to establish a railway rolling stock “refurbishment and manufacturing facility”, to take advantage of the multibillion-rand infrastructure development programme announced by President Jacob Zuma. According to Mkhize, investments of more than R5bn over five years are planned for the province, including a “KwaMashu-Umlazi north-south rail corridor” and a business express service between Pietermaritzburg and Durban. It is hoped to commence the latter in April, he says.
Leave a Reply
- GALA DAY AT KOEDOESPOORT March 27, 2015
- CLASS 20E LOCOS SHIFT MANGANESE March 27, 2015
- TRANSNET’S “TAKE OR PAY” HITS ESKOM March 27, 2015
- SANDSTONE PREPARATIONS March 27, 2015
- STARS OF SANDSTONE STEAM HERITAGE FESTIVAL March 27, 2015