On 21 February, KwaZulu-Natal premier Zweli Mkhize talked at the opening of the provincial legislature in Pietermaritzburg of plans to establish a railway rolling stock “refurbishment and manufacturing facility”, to take advantage of the multibillion-rand infrastructure development programme announced by President Jacob Zuma. According to Mkhize, investments of more than R5bn over five years are planned for the province, including a “KwaMashu-Umlazi north-south rail corridor” and a business express service between Pietermaritzburg and Durban. It is hoped to commence the latter in April, he says.
Leave a Reply
- Now that the postal strike is over, we will be mailing magazines to subscribers once again. November 26, 2014
- WOMEN LOCO DRIVERS ON TV November 25, 2014
- TRANSNET RAILS – HOW LONG EXACTLY? November 25, 2014
- PRIVATE SECTOR PARTICIPATION IN RAIL November 25, 2014
- TUG-OF-WAR, CHESS & MORE AT THE SARSCO GAMES November 25, 2014