On 21 February, KwaZulu-Natal premier Zweli Mkhize talked at the opening of the provincial legislature in Pietermaritzburg of plans to establish a railway rolling stock “refurbishment and manufacturing facility”, to take advantage of the multibillion-rand infrastructure development programme announced by President Jacob Zuma. According to Mkhize, investments of more than R5bn over five years are planned for the province, including a “KwaMashu-Umlazi north-south rail corridor” and a business express service between Pietermaritzburg and Durban. It is hoped to commence the latter in April, he says.
Leave a Reply
- MOLOTO CORRIDOR “RAPID RAIL” July 29, 2014
- APPLE EXPRESS & BAYWEST MALL July 29, 2014
- METRORAIL COACH REFURBISHING July 29, 2014
- PRASA DOUBLES ALSTOM’S ORDER BOOK July 29, 2014
- PRASA’S VISION July 29, 2014