On 21 February, KwaZulu-Natal premier Zweli Mkhize talked at the opening of the provincial legislature in Pietermaritzburg of plans to establish a railway rolling stock “refurbishment and manufacturing facility”, to take advantage of the multibillion-rand infrastructure development programme announced by President Jacob Zuma. According to Mkhize, investments of more than R5bn over five years are planned for the province, including a “KwaMashu-Umlazi north-south rail corridor” and a business express service between Pietermaritzburg and Durban. It is hoped to commence the latter in April, he says.
Leave a Reply
- FATAL WASHINGTON DC METRO FIRE January 21, 2015
- KISS FOR A LADY FROM SPAIN January 21, 2015
- MINISTER EMPHASISES SKILLS SHORTAGE January 21, 2015
- LOCO FROM SPAIN HEADS STELLENBOSCH SPECIAL January 21, 2015
- NO COMPENSATION FOR METRORAIL DELAYS January 21, 2015