The Dutch city of Haarlem has opened a fully stocked library in its station. “We are responding to a real need: people want to read but they don’t have time to go to the library anymore,” said Mariet Van Breukelen of the ProBiblio group, which is behind the venture. More than 250 people have already joined the library, which offers 1,500 books and magazines for travellers. Dutch rail officials say the project is the first of its kind in Europe.
Leave a Reply
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- CAPE TOWN METRORAIL SERVICES CURTAILED June 18, 2013
- TRANSPORT PLANS IN GAUTENG June 18, 2013
- METRORAIL FARE INCREASES June 18, 2013
- RRL-GRINDROD: COR DELFOS, PRETORIA June 18, 2013
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY June 18, 2013
- Phillip Collins: I would think that -- purely in railway terms -- s...
- Jannie Gouws: It appears that this will leave TFR with the optio...
- Shall Ford: Good to see good stuff built in Africa....
- Shall Ford: Were there \"friction buffer stops\" at the end of...
- Shall Ford: Yes, Dreams are Free. Road Authorities, by comp...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video