A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD TRAVEL SURVEY July 22, 2014
- TRANSNET PENSIONERS FOR CLASS ACTION July 22, 2014
- NEW LINE ALONG THE MOLOTO ROAD July 22, 2014
- BLACKIE HEADING BACK TO CAPE TOWN July 22, 2014
- TFR AUCTION SALE 105, 17 JULY 2014 July 22, 2014