A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- PRASA’S GAUTENG PLANS April 15, 2014
- RSR’S 15KM/H RESTRICTION AT BELLVILLE April 15, 2014
- UPGRADING FOR NEW TRAINS CAUSES DELAYS April 15, 2014
- ACTION AGAINST OPEN DOOR RIDERS April 15, 2014
- ATLANTIC RAIL TESTS 16DA 879 April 15, 2014