A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- LAND TRANSPORT ADVISORY BOARD (LTAB) FOR CT September 16, 2014
- NATIONAL SHORTFALL IN RAIL FUNDING September 16, 2014
- CT’S LTAB ON RAIL PLANNING September 16, 2014
- METRORAIL COACHES OUT OF SERVICE September 16, 2014
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY September 16, 2014