A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- PORT AT BOEGOEBAAI February 24, 2015
- TFR’S 77M RBCT COAL TARGET February 24, 2015
- PRASA PROPERTIES FOR SALE February 24, 2015
- FATAL TRAINSURFING IN CAPE TOWN February 24, 2015
- P E MANGANESE TERMINAL February 24, 2015