A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- Now that the postal strike is over, we will be mailing magazines to subscribers once again. November 26, 2014
- WOMEN LOCO DRIVERS ON TV November 25, 2014
- TRANSNET RAILS – HOW LONG EXACTLY? November 25, 2014
- PRIVATE SECTOR PARTICIPATION IN RAIL November 25, 2014
- TUG-OF-WAR, CHESS & MORE AT THE SARSCO GAMES November 25, 2014