A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- FATAL WASHINGTON DC METRO FIRE January 21, 2015
- KISS FOR A LADY FROM SPAIN January 21, 2015
- MINISTER EMPHASISES SKILLS SHORTAGE January 21, 2015
- LOCO FROM SPAIN HEADS STELLENBOSCH SPECIAL January 21, 2015
- NO COMPENSATION FOR METRORAIL DELAYS January 21, 2015