A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
Leave a Reply
- BILLIONS GETTING COMMUTERS ONTO RAIL August 19, 2014
- TRANSNET SECURES US LOAN GUARANTEE August 19, 2014
- GIBELA DETAILS LISTED IN PARLIAMENT August 19, 2014
- NATCOR SHUTDOWN DISMAYS CUSTOMERS August 19, 2014
- MAGALIESBURG EXPRESS August 19, 2014