A mudslide hit the Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) main-line near White Rock, just north of the United States border, at 00:30 on 31 March. It was hoped to reopen the blocked track to freight trains later in the day but a safety moratorium meant no passenger train movement for 48 hours. It was hoped to resume Amtrak international service to and from Canada by 2 April, following evaluation by officials. In the meantime buses were being used.
- TRANSNET CEO MOVES TO ESKOM April 21, 2015
- TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL APPOINTMENTS April 21, 2015
- CAPE MAIN-LINE SHUTDOWN April 21, 2015
- PASSENGER TRAIN UNDERINVESTMENT April 21, 2015
- BLUE TRAIN – MOTHER’S DAY SPECIAL April 21, 2015