On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
Leave a Reply
- Railways Africa comment November 18, 2014
- S A CREDIT DOWNGRADE AFFECTS CAPITAL COSTS November 18, 2014
- WATERBERG HEAVY-HAUL COAL PLANS November 18, 2014
- TRANSNET & THE RICHARDS BAY TERMINALS November 18, 2014
- TRANSNET LAND NEEDED FOR HOUSING November 18, 2014