On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
Leave a Reply
- SOUTH AFRICA HAS CHEAPEST FARES August 26, 2014
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT STILL THE PRIORITY August 26, 2014
- TRANSNET NEEDS PRIVATE INVESTORS August 26, 2014
- TFR COULD BE WORLD’S NO 5 RAILWAY August 26, 2014
- TFR CONTAINER STATS August 26, 2014