On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
Leave a Reply
- WATERBERG COAL LINES March 11, 2014
- TRANSNET INVITES TENDERS March 11, 2014
- DROUGHT RELIEF TRAINS March 11, 2014
- RAILWAY MANAGEMENT DECISION-MAKING March 11, 2014
- LOAD SHEDDING HALTS GAUTRAIN March 11, 2014