On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
Leave a Reply
- WEEKLY RAIL XPRESS NEWSLETTER March 31, 2015
- GEORGE-KNYSNA LINE March 31, 2015
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL INTERCITY SERVICES March 31, 2015
- DUAL-PURPOSE S A RAIL & ROAD BRIDGES March 31, 2015
- JAZZ FESTIVAL SPECIAL March 31, 2015