On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
Leave a Reply
- NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD TRAVEL SURVEY July 22, 2014
- TRANSNET PENSIONERS FOR CLASS ACTION July 22, 2014
- NEW LINE ALONG THE MOLOTO ROAD July 22, 2014
- BLACKIE HEADING BACK TO CAPE TOWN July 22, 2014
- TFR AUCTION SALE 105, 17 JULY 2014 July 22, 2014