On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
- SADC MINISTERS ON INDUSTRIALISATION April 28, 2015
- TFR’S AIM: FIFTH LARGEST WORLD RAILWAY April 28, 2015
- LOAD-SHEDDING HITS CT TRAINS April 28, 2015
- SEVEN DAYS’ TALLY: 985 CT TRAINS LATE April 28, 2015
- REALITIES OF MAIZE ON RAIL April 28, 2015