On 7 December, the last vehicles in Gautrain’s order were delivered by low loader at the system’s Midrand depot. This completes the fleet of 24 four-coach trainsets, totalling 96 vehicles in all. Fifteen coaches were constructed at Bombardier’s factory in Derby UK. The rest were assembled by Union Carriage at Nigel, Gauteng, using complete sets of imported parts.
Leave a Reply
- FATAL WASHINGTON DC METRO FIRE January 21, 2015
- KISS FOR A LADY FROM SPAIN January 21, 2015
- MINISTER EMPHASISES SKILLS SHORTAGE January 21, 2015
- LOCO FROM SPAIN HEADS STELLENBOSCH SPECIAL January 21, 2015
- NO COMPENSATION FOR METRORAIL DELAYS January 21, 2015