Construction is to start at the end of October on a new railway from southern China to Laos. The 530km line will connect Xishuangbanna city in the southern province of Yunnan to Vientiane, the capital of Laos. The project is part of the proposed Trans-Asian railway network, which is expected to pass through 28 countries in Asia, including Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Leave a Reply
- LAND TRANSPORT ADVISORY BOARD (LTAB) FOR CT September 16, 2014
- NATIONAL SHORTFALL IN RAIL FUNDING September 16, 2014
- CT’S LTAB ON RAIL PLANNING September 16, 2014
- METRORAIL COACHES OUT OF SERVICE September 16, 2014
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY September 16, 2014