Construction is to start at the end of October on a new railway from southern China to Laos. The 530km line will connect Xishuangbanna city in the southern province of Yunnan to Vientiane, the capital of Laos. The project is part of the proposed Trans-Asian railway network, which is expected to pass through 28 countries in Asia, including Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam.
Leave a Reply
- Railways Africa comment November 18, 2014
- S A CREDIT DOWNGRADE AFFECTS CAPITAL COSTS November 18, 2014
- WATERBERG HEAVY-HAUL COAL PLANS November 18, 2014
- TRANSNET & THE RICHARDS BAY TERMINALS November 18, 2014
- TRANSNET LAND NEEDED FOR HOUSING November 18, 2014