All Gautrain services will be accessible through using a contactless “smartcard” – the Gautrain Gold Card. Cash will not be accepted on Gautrain buses or trains or at the parking exit gates. The Gautrain Gold Card allows seamless transfer between Gautrain’s train, bus and parking services. Gold Cards will be available at a once-off cost of R10 from ticket offices and vending machines at all stations as well as at selected retailers. Value can be loaded onto the cards on an as-required basis and the cards can be re-used over and over again. Passengers may register their Gold Cards at any ticket office which will blacklist any card that is lost or stolen. Unused value can then be transferred to a new card.
Leave a Reply
- R165M TO DEVELOP TRANSNET’S SMALL SUPPLIERS March 4, 2014
- TRANSNET HUMAN SUPPORT PROPOSALS March 4, 2014
- SANDSTONE FACTS AND FIGURES March 4, 2014
- SMEC: VERSATILE EXPERTISE March 4, 2014
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY March 4, 2014