On 4 January, container transport by rail was launched between the Port of Algiers and the dry port of Rouiba, about 20km east of the capital. Railway lines in the harbour have not been used for many years, and this is the first time that container trains have been operated in the area. Accompanied by executives, transport minister Amar Tou watched the the first loaded departure.
Leave a Reply
- SOUTH AFRICA HAS CHEAPEST FARES August 26, 2014
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT STILL THE PRIORITY August 26, 2014
- TRANSNET NEEDS PRIVATE INVESTORS August 26, 2014
- TFR COULD BE WORLD’S NO 5 RAILWAY August 26, 2014
- TFR CONTAINER STATS August 26, 2014