On 4 January, container transport by rail was launched between the Port of Algiers and the dry port of Rouiba, about 20km east of the capital. Railway lines in the harbour have not been used for many years, and this is the first time that container trains have been operated in the area. Accompanied by executives, transport minister Amar Tou watched the the first loaded departure.
- TRANSNET CEO MOVES TO ESKOM April 21, 2015
- TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL APPOINTMENTS April 21, 2015
- CAPE MAIN-LINE SHUTDOWN April 21, 2015
- PASSENGER TRAIN UNDERINVESTMENT April 21, 2015
- BLUE TRAIN – MOTHER’S DAY SPECIAL April 21, 2015