On 4 January, container transport by rail was launched between the Port of Algiers and the dry port of Rouiba, about 20km east of the capital. Railway lines in the harbour have not been used for many years, and this is the first time that container trains have been operated in the area. Accompanied by executives, transport minister Amar Tou watched the the first loaded departure.
Leave a Reply
- Now that the postal strike is over, we will be mailing magazines to subscribers once again. November 26, 2014
- WOMEN LOCO DRIVERS ON TV November 25, 2014
- TRANSNET RAILS – HOW LONG EXACTLY? November 25, 2014
- PRIVATE SECTOR PARTICIPATION IN RAIL November 25, 2014
- TUG-OF-WAR, CHESS & MORE AT THE SARSCO GAMES November 25, 2014