On 4 January, container transport by rail was launched between the Port of Algiers and the dry port of Rouiba, about 20km east of the capital. Railway lines in the harbour have not been used for many years, and this is the first time that container trains have been operated in the area. Accompanied by executives, transport minister Amar Tou watched the the first loaded departure.
Leave a Reply
- 3RD ANNUAL AFRICAN RAILWAY SUMMIT September 9, 2014
- OREX LINE SHUTDOWN September 9, 2014
- STARS OF SANDSTONE September 9, 2014
- WAGON REPAIR FACILITY AT DE AAR September 9, 2014
- TFR’S MARKET SHARE GROWING BY 20% PA September 9, 2014