On 4 January, container transport by rail was launched between the Port of Algiers and the dry port of Rouiba, about 20km east of the capital. Railway lines in the harbour have not been used for many years, and this is the first time that container trains have been operated in the area. Accompanied by executives, transport minister Amar Tou watched the the first loaded departure.
Leave a Reply
- RAILWAY CALENDAR 2015 September 30, 2014
- AFRICA ON TRACK 2014 September 30, 2014
- TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL RECORDS September 30, 2014
- PRASA’S NEW TRAINS September 30, 2014
- SOUTH AFRICAN COMMUTER STATIONS September 30, 2014