The 15.5km tunnel between Johannesburg’s Park station and Rosebank has been holed through following three years of excavation. A final blast destroyed the remaining four metres of rock separating workers advancing northwards from Park station and others working southwards from Emergency shaft E2 at The Wilds in Houghton. Eighty-nine holes had been pre-drilled in the rock face for the placing of explosive charges. A South African flag was held up, people posed for photographs and bottles of champagne were popped. (The tunnel between Shaft E2 and Rosebank was holed through some time ago.)
Leave a Reply
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- RAILWAYS & HARBOURS CONFERENCE & EXHIBITION ATTRACT MAJOR PLAYERS May 16, 2013
- GOOD IMPRESSION FROM NEW PAINT May 15, 2013
- NEW TFR TRAIN CREW UNIFORM May 15, 2013
- ACTOM AND ALSTOM SIGN TECHNOLOGIES AGREEMENT May 15, 2013
- TFR AUCTION 9 MAY 2013 May 15, 2013
- L Penning.: I agree with the unions that the assistants get va...
- Jo: I agree 100% with the Editor\'s remarks. I may als...
- Jo: How can Carlisle decide that a Gautrain service is...
- Richard Clatworthy: Looking up some of the places on Google earth: Isa...
- Richard Clatworthy: Your report on 01/02 on the Tanga-Uganda railway g...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video