The 15.5km tunnel between Johannesburg’s Park station and Rosebank has been holed through following three years of excavation. A final blast destroyed the remaining four metres of rock separating workers advancing northwards from Park station and others working southwards from Emergency shaft E2 at The Wilds in Houghton. Eighty-nine holes had been pre-drilled in the rock face for the placing of explosive charges. A South African flag was held up, people posed for photographs and bottles of champagne were popped. (The tunnel between Shaft E2 and Rosebank was holed through some time ago.)
Leave a Reply
- RAILWAY TO AUGMENT THE MOLOTO ROAD December 3, 2013
- GAUTENG TRANSPORT COMMISSION (GTC) December 3, 2013
- PRASA DENIES ITS BUSES ARE “GATHERING DUST” December 3, 2013
- PRASA AREA MANAGER IN COURT December 3, 2013
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL TO PE December 3, 2013
- NEW BUSINESS EXPRESS May 21, 2009
- RED SEA TO THE ATLANTIC January 15, 2010
- GAUTRAIN TO OFFER BURSARIES March 15, 2006
- SHOSHOLOZA MEYL WINTER FARES June 1, 2007
- BUSINESS EXPRESS – 2ND JHB-PTA July 25, 2008
- Richard Clatworthy: All very well, but what about the Congolese sectio...
- Martin Nel: I did have more or less the same experience. We we...
- Randall Nauschutz: I was thinking very strongly of taking my family f...
- Goodman Pilusa: Tractionel has done major job around South Africa,...
- Malcolm de Beer: The article by Jacques Wepner Old Crocery at Bloem...
Business Express Diesel Locomotive EMD f feature Featured Freight Gautrain HRASA Kei Rail Locomotive Metrorail PRASA Rail Road Logistics Railway Safety Regulator Rift Valley Railways Rovos Rail RS SARA SARCC SATAWU Shosholoza Meyl Signalling TAZARA Transet TransNamib Transnet Transnet Freight Rail Transnet Rail Eng Transnet Rail Engineering turnout Utatu video