“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
Leave a Reply
- BILLIONS GETTING COMMUTERS ONTO RAIL August 19, 2014
- TRANSNET SECURES US LOAN GUARANTEE August 19, 2014
- GIBELA DETAILS LISTED IN PARLIAMENT August 19, 2014
- NATCOR SHUTDOWN DISMAYS CUSTOMERS August 19, 2014
- MAGALIESBURG EXPRESS August 19, 2014