“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
- SADC MINISTERS ON INDUSTRIALISATION April 28, 2015
- TFR’S AIM: FIFTH LARGEST WORLD RAILWAY April 28, 2015
- LOAD-SHEDDING HITS CT TRAINS April 28, 2015
- SEVEN DAYS’ TALLY: 985 CT TRAINS LATE April 28, 2015
- REALITIES OF MAIZE ON RAIL April 28, 2015