“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
Leave a Reply
- PRASA’S GAUTENG PLANS April 15, 2014
- RSR’S 15KM/H RESTRICTION AT BELLVILLE April 15, 2014
- UPGRADING FOR NEW TRAINS CAUSES DELAYS April 15, 2014
- ACTION AGAINST OPEN DOOR RIDERS April 15, 2014
- ATLANTIC RAIL TESTS 16DA 879 April 15, 2014