“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
Leave a Reply
- NATIONAL HOUSEHOLD TRAVEL SURVEY July 22, 2014
- TRANSNET PENSIONERS FOR CLASS ACTION July 22, 2014
- NEW LINE ALONG THE MOLOTO ROAD July 22, 2014
- BLACKIE HEADING BACK TO CAPE TOWN July 22, 2014
- TFR AUCTION SALE 105, 17 JULY 2014 July 22, 2014