“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
Leave a Reply
- TRANSNET MAINTENANCE BACKLOG October 14, 2014
- CT METRORAIL CRIME – 2,115 ARRESTS October 14, 2014
- METRORAIL TICKET FAKERS ARRESTED October 14, 2014
- PRASA PROFIT R336 MILLION October 14, 2014
- UMGENI STEAM RAILWAY October 14, 2014