“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
Leave a Reply
- CHRISTMAS COMETH December 17, 2014
- TRANSNET BOARD CHANGES December 17, 2014
- SOUTH AFRICAN TRACK MANAGEMENT December 17, 2014
- RED DEVIL TO SALT RIVER December 17, 2014
- TRANSNET AUCTIONS December 17, 2014