“Tourist class” Shosholoza Meyl service between Johannesburg and East London (withdrawn in recent times leaving only economy class, sit-up-all-night accommodation) has been reportedly restored at weekends, following many complaints. Tourist class provides what used to be known as first and second class sleeper compartments, since renamed “sleeper-four” and “sleeper-six”. The train formerly carried the brand-name “Amatola”.
Leave a Reply
- SEMINAR: WELDING RAIL VEHICLES & COMPONENTS October 21, 2014
- TRANSNET’S BIG LOCO DEAL CHALLENGED October 21, 2014
- TFR’S USED AUSTRALIAN DIESELS October 21, 2014
- DISQUIETING MLPS FIGURES AT PRASA’S AGM October 21, 2014
- METRORAIL PERFORMANCE October 21, 2014